Monday, March 18, 2013

The Mexican


I’m a soccer player and I’m also Mexican. I believe this blog reflects my passion towards my love for my country and its main team. The main sport in Mexico is soccer, is what everyone speaks about. Soccer is what runs through every Mexican veins. You are thought to play soccer since you are little, it doesn’t matter your gender. When there is a soccer game the whole country puts their jerseys on and watch it with friends and family. When the Mexican National Team plays you can see how all media is advertising the game. They even have a slogan “Ponte la Verde”. It means to put your green shirt on and support your team.  The Mexican soccer team main colors are green, white and red.

Let me tell you a little of how the Mexican National team  is made. Every city has a team. For example, I’m from Monterrey and our official team is Rayados, in Nuevo Leon is Tigres, Saltillo there official team is called Los Santos Laguna. From all the teams around Mexico they choose the best players to be part of this selection. We also have players that are not part of the Mexican league but are still part of the Mexican National team. One of these cases is Javier Hernandez also known as “Chicharito”. He is playing for the Manchester United a soccer team in Europe.  He plays forward in Manchester as well as in the Mexican National Team.

 The Mexican Selection plays in the Olympics and the world cup. They also have other leagues.  I’m proud to mention that The Mexican National Team won 1st place on the Olympics of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment