Monday, October 8, 2012

Character's of "Othello"




Othello got the Brabantio’s daughter Desdimona. Othello was not the best candidate for his dad eyes, he is different from the rest. He is not accepted by the society, it was not common to see this happen. Two distant races mixing, it was an impact for the society. Roderigo didn’t like Othello he wanted to have Desdimona, and Othello the moor has taken her.  Iago hates Othello too he is looking for revenge. He is mad because Othello gave him a bad job. When a new girl comes to school and she is different we tend to avoid her and criticize her just because she is different.

 Othello is an authority figure that’s why Iago can’t rebel against him. Othello is controlling Iago’s title (Work position). In this period having a title is what everyone seeks for. Iago couldn’t play with his, so he preferred stating closer. “Keep you friends close and your enemy’s closer”. when I don't trust someone, or I feel threaten by her or him I stay closer to avoid any problem.I don't consider them good friends but I'm friendly.

Reading how they describe Othello I expect him to be really different, and outcast from society. They describe him as a beast as if he couldn’t control himself. He is black with thick lips and tall. He transmits respect, that why Iago is nice and respectful when he is present. When I don't like someone I find all his or her defects and point them all out. I tend to exaggerate and make him or her the bad guy.

1 comment:

  1. i like your insight on the situation, agree with all of these.

    ReplyDelete